How to Fade a Tattoo… What Options Do I Have?
How to fade a tattoo?
Tattoo fading creams are a great way of fading unwanted tattoos; they can give good results if used correctly. While there is no guarantee that tattoo removal methods can be made entirely unperceivable, fading tattoos with these products is an effective way of dealing with problematic older tattoos. There are several tattoo removal creams on the market, and there are also homemade remedies. Before using one of these products, it’s essential to consider some things:
For example: what product should I use? What ingredients do they contain? How safe are they? Check out our ingredients page to get a better understanding of the active ingredient and how it works.
Listen to this post…
-If you’re unsure about where to start, it’s best not to use anything on your tattoos. Any chemical peels applied might reduce the lifespan of your cosmetic tattoo, cause scarring or allergic reactions. Furthermore, some homemade remedies can even be dangerous if misused or without sufficient knowledge about ingredients! So please don’t experiment with something new on eyesight you can’t replace!
-On top of this, it’s essential that you inform yourself about which product yields what kind of results. Some products claim great success rates while being more expensive, but others have offered natural tattoo removal with natural ingredients, which significantly lower the chance of skin damage. Try to find out as much as you can about the product before applying anything: what does it contain, and how is it supposed to work?
Remember: not all products are created equal. Just because a product costs more; doesn’t mean that it works better or is even safe for use on tattoos! All in all, if you’re unsure whether something is good for your skin or not, don’t use it!
The following tattoo fading creams are effective through customer reviews and recommendations by a tattoo artist:
Vanish Tattoo Removal Cream
Vanish is one of the most popular faded tattoos remover on the market today. It contains only natural ingredients, making it slightly less effective than other products like Tat B Gone and safer and easier to apply. The product was designed by a dermatologist and only contains ingredients that are FDA-approved for tattoo removal. Apart from removing tattoos, Vanish can also be used on age spots, freckles, scars, and other skin blemishes.
Vanish Tattoo Removal Cream: *completely natural *easy application *good results *doesn’t bleach skin *can be applied before shaving or waxing (this is something we always recommend!)
Pros: There have been no complaints regarding an allergic reaction or adverse side effects after using this product. Most tattoo artists praise the product because it’s usually very effective when used correctly, and there haven’t been any cases of it causing skin damage due to its natural composition.
Cons: According to customer reviews, the product didn’t remove the tattoo entirely in some cases. Some users also complained that they were left with a brownish tint after application which could be removed using Vanish again (after one week). This usually happens when too little cream is used on the tattoos.
Other steps to fade a tattoo:
1. Most people use sunscreen on the tattoo each day. Sun exposure can fade tattoos because it causes skin cells to die more quickly. This causes skin discoloration under your tattoo, so using sunscreen will help hold off this process for as long as possible.
2. Incorporate alpha-hydroxy acids into your daily skincare routine since this helps remove old skin cells and encourage new cell growth.
3. Visit a doctor who offers a laser treatment that removes tattoo ink with light waves instead of other methods that require invasive shaving, exfoliation, or scrubbing of the area around the tattooed area to loosen the pigments underneath the surface of the sensitive skin. Laser energy treatments are less painful, involve no cleaning, and remove tattoo ink rather than lightening it. The skin heals quickly and is left unscarred after laser removal.
How can I make my tattoo fade faster?
To fade your tattoo, there are a few things you can try. First, take care of your skin and keep it as healthy as possible by eating well and resting enough (sleep is essential for the healing process). Vitamin E oil or aloe vera gel may also help to fade tattoos faster.
Keep in mind that it usually takes about forty days before new tattoo pigment starts to fade. But this process might be sped up if you expose your tattoo to sunlight (but don’t overdo it!). By exposing your tattoo to sunlight (or sunbeds), you stimulate melanin production, making your dark blue tattoos fade faster!
However, do not forget that ultraviolet radiation from the sun breaks down ink particles into smaller fragments, which might spread. So, even when you expose your tattoo to sunlight, make sure it’s done in moderation and not too much!
One of the most common questions about tattoos is: “How can I make my old tattoo fade away?” The best solution for this question is to let your skin regenerate itself naturally by leaving it alone; thus, giving your body enough time to heal itself. It may take years before amateur tattoos entirely fade away (if ever), but there are ways to give your skin a chance at erasing the ink that was once in it.
To begin with, keep your permanent tattoos moisturized throughout each day by applying an unscented lotion or cream on the area two times per day. As time passes, your skin will begin to flake off and peel around the tattoo.
Once this happens, you can take a damp cloth with warm water and gently wipe away any discolored skin around the tattoo (though it’s important not to force anything). Keep in mind that if you don’t like what you see, laser surgery is an option; however, beware of its side effects before making any final decisions.
The more stress on your body (and skin), the harder it will be for tattoos to fade over time. If you smoke or drink excessively, then know that these bad habits prevent your body from recuperating as fast as possible-especially when it comes to healing tattoos. Besides quitting smoking and drinking, another way to improve the fading process is by always protecting your skin with high SPF sunscreen when you plan on being outside for long periods.
Knowing what not to do will make it much easier to devise a tattoo fading schedule that works for you and how to make tattoos fade naturally with simple steps. If all else fails, there’s always laser surgery or dermabrasion as options, but remember, these are more expensive and might not give the results the patient wants. Remember that some tattoos don’t go away no matter how hard you try, though this isn’t necessarily a bad thing!
Although everyone wishes their old tattoos would disappear off their bodies (the older the tattoo, the harder it becomes to fade), this isn’t always the case. However, keep your skin healthy and follow a simple tattoo fading routine. Tattoos can start to fade after about six months-but don’t expect them to disappear or become unrecognizable overnight.
Can you lighten a tattoo at home?
Yes, you can fade a tattoo. Usually, people discuss black tattoos and fade them at home through laser treatment or natural methods. However, the best way to remove your tattoo and avoid an expensive laser tattoo is through laser surgery. You should consult a dermatologist for this purpose as they are quite efficient in treating darker skin tones.
Fading professional tattoos requires several factors like different pigments of ink colors, penetration depth (how deep the needles went), color & concentration (darker colors absorb more light than lighter colors). There are lasers used to fade tattoos, such as PicoSure, which has been shown promising results, but it’s not 100% safe yet and may/may not leave scars on your skin.
Fading a tattoo is not at all an expensive process. You need to shop around, compare prices & if you can’t afford it, then there are several ways of fading tattoos at home, which has been mentioned below:
1) Essential oils, like grape seed oil, work great on tattoos, especially when combined with Vitamin E and rose water. Using this mixture twice daily will help fade your ink very effectively. You can also use sesame oil or sweet almond oil for the same effects. All these ingredients are readily available in your kitchen, so you don’t have to pay anything extra, just some time!
2) Lemon juice is another effective agent that fades tattoos on the skin quite rapidly. This method truly works because lemon juice contains Alpha-hydroxy acids, which are natural bleaching agents. You have to apply lemon juice to the tattooed area and leave it for 10 minutes; after that, thoroughly rinse off with lukewarm water. Repeat this process daily for the best results.
3) Aloe Vera gel or juice is also very efficient in removing tattoos from your skin. It’s a well-known herbal agent that works very well against dark spots, freckles & wrinkles too! All you need to do is extract fresh aloe vera gel straight from the plant by cutting out its leaf. Apply this directly on your tattoo every day before going to sleep, let it dry for some time, then wash it off with plain water.
4) Coconut oil has anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it quite effective in treating tattoos. You can apply coconut oil daily on your tattoo, making it fade away completely over a short period! It’s readily available at any grocery store, so you don’t have to spend anything extra for this, just some patience & care!
5) Baking soda is another helpful agent that will naturally fade away even the darkest tattoos from your skin within weeks. You need to mix one tablespoon of baking soda with water to make a paste and apply it to the tattooed area with cotton wool. Leave it for 5 minutes, then rinse off thoroughly with plain water. Repeat this process thrice daily until your ink starts fading away.
6) If you want an easy method to remove tattoos, honey is the solution for you. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that will fight against infections, keep your tattoo clean, and lighten it almost instantly! Apply honey on your tattoo twice daily with a cotton bud or bandage before sleeping at night & wash it off with plain water the following day.
7) Apple cider vinegar is another good agent that will help fade tattoos naturally. You need to apply apple cider vinegar directly on the area where you want to remove tattoos, leave it for 10 minutes, then rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water. Repeat this process daily until your dark ink starts wavering away gradually.
8) Garlic juice is rich in sulfur content, making it quite efficient in fading tattoos over time. You can apply garlic juice daily on your skin to lighten your tattoos. However, do not forget to wash it off with lukewarm water after 10 minutes.
9) Lemon & rosemary oil mixture is also very efficient in fading tattoos. You need to mix lemon oil and rosemary oil in equal portions, then massage this solution into the affected area using your fingers for 5-10 minutes daily twice a day until you get desired results.
10) Massage grape seed oil or coconut oil on stubborn dark tattoos for a minimum of 30 minutes every day so that they gradually fade away without any side effects! Both of these oils are readily available at any grocery store, so spending some bucks won’t be an issue, just time!
11) You can use alum as a natural tattoo removal treatment which will significantly fade tattoos within weeks. All you need to do is apply water on the area where you want to remove tattoos with alum, leave it for 20-25 minutes, then rinse off thoroughly using plain water.
12) Alum stone or powder is another effective agent that works well against dark spots & scars on your skin by lightening them naturally. Just follow the same process mentioned above and repeat this method daily until you get rid of tattoos without any side effects whatsoever!
13) Banana peel has bleaching properties that will help diminish your tattoos gradually. You have to apply banana peel extract on the tattooed area twice daily before going to sleep at night because this is when your skin takes in nutrients best. You can also opt for banana peel directly if you like the taste & smell of these fruits! Just make sure to wash it off thoroughly with plain water before applying any skin product afterward.
14) Papaya contains antibacterial properties that will help fade tattoos naturally. Besides, it has glycolic acid, which helps remove dead skin cells from the outer layer of your skin by making way for new skin cells. You have to apply fresh or canned papaya pulp on the affected area twice daily before going to bed at night so that you get rid of tattoos without spending extra bucks!
15) Aloe vera gel is known to effectively treat scars & dark spots due to its moisturizing properties. To use aloe vera gel, apply it on the affected area using your fingers for 5-10 minutes daily twice a day, or you can also choose to mix this remedy with 1 tsp of lemon juice to get better results!
16) Olive oil has natural bleaching properties that will help fade tattoos naturally. You have to massage olive oil into your tattoos & leave it overnight so that your skin absorbs its nutrients best. Do not forget to wash it off with lukewarm water the following day before applying any other beauty product!
17) Shea butter is another wonderful agent that works well at removing tattoos naturally by lightening them gradually over time. Just apply shea butter on your dark areas & leave it overnight to absorb it by your skin best. Do not forget to wash it off with water the following day before applying any other beauty product!
18) Castor oil is also known to fade away tattoos over time due to its moisturizing properties. You need to massage castor oil or mix this remedy with olive oil & apply it on the affected area using your fingers for at least 30 minutes daily twice a day until you get desired results.
19) Massage fresh aloe vera gel into the affected area using your fingers for 10-15 minutes daily right before going to bed at night because this is when your skin takes in nutrients best! Continue this process until you remove tattoos without spending a lot of cash!
20) Vitamin E oil is another powerful agent that works well against tattoos because it contains antioxidants that will help get rid of scars & dark spots naturally. You have to apply vitamin E oil on the affected area using your fingers for 20-25 minutes daily until you get desired results!
21) Vitamin C serum or cream is yet another effective agent to treat dark areas on your skin resulting from tattoos. Just follow the same process mentioned above and repeat this method at least twice a day every day until you fade away tattoos without any side effects whatsoever!
22) Almond oil can also be used as an additional remedy to remove tattoos naturally by lightening them gradually over time. Just massage fresh almond oil into the affected area using your fingers for 5-10 minutes daily twice a day, or you can also choose to mix this oil with olive oil & apply it on the affected area using your fingers.
23) Glycolic acid is known to remove dead cells from the outermost layer of the skin so that new cells come to the surface, giving an even tone to your face. You have to massage glycolic acid into your tattoos during nights because this is when your skin takes in nutrients best. Continue this process until you fade away tattoos without any side effects whatsoever!
24) Honey helps treat dark spots effectively owing to its moisturizing properties & antibiotic properties that kill infections causing dark spots or scars. You need to apply honey on the affected area using your fingers for 10-15 minutes daily right before going to bed at night so that you can get rid of tattoos without spending a lot of cash!
25) Milk has enzymes that will help fade away tattoos naturally. You have to apply fresh milk on the affected area using your fingers for 10-15 minutes daily & continue this process until you remove tattoos entirely from your skin!
Since you are here…can I ask a favor?
It would be really nice if you could share this image and page on your social media.
It’s just a couple of clicks for you but it means everything to us here at Tattoozz.
Thank you so much!
Read latest posts
- 77+ Stick and Poke Tattoo Ideas That Work
- 77+ Red Ink Tattoo Ideas That Make You Green With Envy
- 97+ Faith Tattoo Ideas That Will Revive Yours
- 83+ Unalome Tattoo Ideas That Look Stunning
- 69+ Skeleton Tattoo Ideas That Are ‘Bone’ to Be Wild